Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: How to utilise Tidal MQA effectively

Is there an error in your question? You say:

" I can't stream the MQA via the chromecast but I can't connect the Macbook Air/Ipad "

Should that first "can't" read " can" . The "but etc." following suggests that it should ( if both can'ts are correct then the right word would be "and").

I have no knowledge of Chromecast but Tidal via Chrome per se allows the processing of the first "fold" in MQA to be done in the online player. That does not therefore require an MQA equipped DAC. So with MQA encoded tracks using just the online player you effectively get 24/96 resolution.Which is going to be the majority of what is on offer anyway.

Your question seems, accordingly, to be about connectivity. But you say that " I am using a Google Chromecast Audio, optical line out into the CXA's DAC " So what is the difference that stops you continuing to do this? That is you are telling us that on the one hand you connect by optical and on the other you that can't do this.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.