Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

doing the hdcp dance?

I'll be installing a new LG 55" B6 4K oled TV in my largely analog based 5.1 system early in the new year. I bought the Oppo BDP-95 precisely to mate with my older non-HDMI plasma screen using component output, and while everything is working out fine I want the higher quality video, especially with DVDs. I'm not concerned with 4K content, at least until the BDP-205 comes out.

The workaround here is that my Anthem AVM 20 is non-HDMI - for the most part I'll be using analog 5.1 output from the Oppo along with analog bass management from an Outlaw Audio ICBM-1 - so the HDMI connection will be from the Oppo to the LG. In effect my 5.1 music system will be a big soundbar.

I'm not sure, but I'm thinking I shouldn't connect the component video to the LG at all - and should reset my AVM 20 sources not to look for it. This should be fine as I need composite input to view the menu on the old AVM 20 anyway, and the LG can handle only one of either.

Other than the obvious issue that I'll have to switch video source manually on the TV - between the Oppo and Fibe TV - does anyone see any room for hdcp conflict here?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - doing the hdcp dance? - Jim Pearce 07:26:04 12/16/16 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.