Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

arrived and running-first impressions

There's a lot to like about this thing.

It is a linux based music server with a built in DAC and a CD reader. There is a deamon configured to automatically rip a CD when one is inserted.

1 TB internal hard drive in my unit- up to 8 tb is available.

Unlike Musical Fidelity M1clic streamer it is not a physical heavyweight. There is no heavy tranny or caps in this thing.

External 12vdc power supply but not a wall wart, looks like a small version of a laptop power supply.

I am controlling via the web interface. Once you get the device on your network (I am using ethernet connection over home 110v wiring) the web interface is accessible from any PC on same network.

There are outputs for coax and optical sp/dif and a headphone preamp. My signal path is currently Headphone out -> Grounded Grid homemade preamp -> QUAD 909 -> Pioneer SB BS22 speakers. USB inputs and supports external drives.

Not all that impressed with the sound of the DAC/Headphone output so far compared to Musical Fidelity M1 clic, but only have about 1 hour listening.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • arrived and running-first impressions - kenzo 07:24:07 11/02/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.