Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: magnetic interference.....

I made the point in another post. But, classical music recording natively done in hi rez discrete Mch and intended for hi rez Mch media differs greatly from other genres. Many non-classical Mch releases are remastered, repanned engineering creations from analog or RBCD rez studio originals. In general, they lack a realistic sense of spatial accuracy, since that is not a priority in studio recordings, starting with mike and performer positioning. I am sure there are individual exceptions, including some jazz and rock or pop done in a live club setting.

Note that I am not snobbishly putting down anyone's music genre preferences. I am just describing typical engineering approaches.

These are among the reasons that classical albums hugely outnumber non-classical in Mch. I find classical Mch typically quite high in sound quality. To me, it is greatly preferable to stereo, and I prefer to use no artificial Mch enhancement schemes. Also, as I said before, I doubt that I would be much interested in Mch if my primary interest were not classical music.

Agreed, Mch music would be dead if it were not for HT. Fortunately, Mch HT is a large, successful commercial business that has also helped enable the move toward hi rez audio. It is not going away.

I personally only got into hi rez and Mch about 9 years ago with the advent of universal players capable of BD and SACD playback together with HT processors - AVRs and prepros - that supported those formats in hirez for both music and video.

However, today I have no HT-specific equipment in my system. I simply have a PC feeding a Mch DAC as well as my TV monitor, together with library/ player software on the PC. I also have thousands of classical Mch recordings in my library from which to choose.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.