Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

I disagree. There are many, many excellent classical SACDS

Just saw your post. For the past 8 years, I have been collecting only hi rez on SACD, BD-A, BD-V and some downloads. Most of that is classical, most in Mch, meaning the recordings were generally done in the past 15 years natively in hi rez. I have thousands on my NAS.

I am not all that keen on remasterings from analog tape or RBCD masters. Some are very good, but they do not achieve the sonics of the modern recordings done natively in hi rez, IMHO. I have heard no better recordings anywhere in any medium than those on Channel Classics, BIS, Harmonia Mundi, Chandos, 2L, RCO Live, etc., etc. It is a big list of generally small European labels.

Yes, there are a few 2nd rate hi rez labels like LSO Live and Exton, etc. in terms of sonics. But, my "batting average" in terms of getting excellent sonics has never been higher than with natively recorded hi rez. It is far better than my experience with CD or vinyl, both of which I also have huge collections of, but I never listen to them.

If you are not aware of it, the link is to a superb guide to all available SACD and BD-A recordings. I find the reviews there quite useful and reliable.

Sonically, I have never been anywhere close to being as happy with my selection of recorded music than I am now with natively recorded hi Rez in Mch.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I disagree. There are many, many excellent classical SACDS - Fitzcaraldo215 08:58:31 07/18/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.