Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Karajan's Beethoven on BluRay

This is the same BluRay that was offered with CDs a couple of years ago (kind of like when the Solti Ring came with CDs and BluRay and then they released just the BluRay a little later).

I have the SACD set of these same performances, but I haven't had time to compare them. My guess is that is sounds very similar to the SACDs, but I'm not positive. The sound is definitely better than the original CD set that came out years ago. In fact, it sounds pretty good. The SACD set is five SACDs and a sixth disc of rehearsal for the ninth in full-size jewel boxes. The single BluRay has the same contents in one case that's slightly thicker than one jewel case. Merely on a space-saving basis I would opt for the BluRay. The BluRay's indexing is very primitive. There are only track numbers; no indication by symphony. If you know that you want to listen to the Seventh and you know that all of the symphonies before it are four movements except for the Sixth, you will know to go to track 26 to start.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.