Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

BIS hi-rez multi-channel downloads are now available on the eClassical site

It's been a long time in coming, but it seems that hi-rez multi-channel downloads are now available on the eClassical site. I was alerted to this by fellow-inmate Russell (thanks, Russell!), who noticed that the new Stravinsky album with Suzuki and the Tapiola Sinfonietta was available as a 24/96 multi-channel FLAC download:

I just downloaded the 24/96 files about an hour ago and I've listened to only the first three tracks, but I can report that the sound quality of what I've heard is excellent, with the microphones fairly close within a lively acoustic (Tapiola Concert Hall). The spectrographs look great too (completely clean, with none of that sprinkling of DSD noise up in the ultra-high frequencies). Very nice! The one thing I'm fearful of is that Suzuki may have restricted the string vibrato in the perverse manner of his (and other HIPsters') Bach recordings, but I'll have to hear the other tracks before I can say for sure.

In any case, the barrier has been broken and we can now hope for more availability of hi-rez multi-channel downloads from BIS and eClassical. Excelsior!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - BIS hi-rez multi-channel downloads are now available on the eClassical site - Chris from Lafayette 20:23:24 04/20/16 (17)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.