Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Thank you!!!

My pleasure.

Yes, to clarify, to BEST of my knowledge, NO SACDs exist with Wilson's remixes. They area all based on Ludwig's 24/96 remasters. See the link below. Perhaps I missed something.

Shameful really. To..upsample PCM and charge a fortune. What a crock.

Well to clarify mastering/remastering..(I coordinate reissue products for a living..)

REMASTERING..to me..is a new digital capture of analog master tape, and then tasteful polishing, repairing applied.

If it is a digital source, then one can take advantage of better converters and powerful DAWs to extract maximum fidelity..in almost all cases I am fan of staying in the box if the source is digital.

In the "old days", mastering is a bit of what you describe, it was more of a straight engineering job..but it changed and we started to see the rise of "celebrity" mastering engineers who maybe put more on of their stamp on a recording then was previously acceptable.

To me, the mastering stage should be where a good, experienced pair of ears makes sure everything is in order, with maximum fidelity. The final production master should not be totally a different product then was submitted. Just my take.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.