Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

dvda still sounds best in my system

Kind of forgot about hi rez for a while while I settled back into cds. Decided to try a couple blu ray audio only titles and process through Cary Cinema 11a so I got Patricia Barber Modern Cool and Steven Wilson Hand Cannot Erase. While bluray does sound better than cd, I still give the nod to dvda with sacd close behind in terms of rich, lush smooth sound with clear solid bass.

My player is a Marantz dv8400 universal dvd player for dvda and a Marantz sa11s1 for sacd. My bluray is a cheepo Magnavox. Using Analog outs on both Marantz players and let the Cary handle the Magnavox. I'll probably get a modern Oppo or Marantz bluray universal player which may change my mind on the quality of bluray but it seems the future in hirez is download as far as selection of titles. Not sure if I want to go the PC dac rout and may just as well go back to cd :-(

Not really any questions I guess but if anyone can tell the future of hirez please let me know.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - dvda still sounds best in my system - budget fi 08:38:01 01/24/16 (12)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.