Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: c'mon KAL ...

I am with Kal and Robert on this.

Thanks for proving further insight into the basis for your distorted views on the nature of sound, acoustics and recordings. You have made it clear that you lack an accurate understanding . You are not going to get that by arguing defensively for your sophomoric point of view. Listening to people with much more experience, like Kal and Robert, might help.

Also, listening to a wider range of live music, systems and recording might help too. But, so far, you have also have asserted that CD's sound better than SACD's, that CD's are indistinguishable from vinyl, and that you can get a good sense of recorded vs. live sound from rock concerts. You claim to have listened to classical recordings, but avoided the question of whether you have also attended live classical concerts to know what they are supposed to sound like. You also claim that your room can sucessfully recreate the sound of a live performance venue in stereo. You further claim that you have heard Mch - with what systems and recordings we don't know - and imply that you now know all about it, including that surround sound is faked, which may be true of many rock recordings, but not classical ones. As I said often before, it is not about the music, it is merely about the sound vs. a live standard, the recording venues and engineering practices. But, you assert that is classical snobbery and that those differences do not matter.

As always, you are entitled to your opinions. The rest of us will have to decide whether they have any credibility or usefulness. So far, I do not think you have a good track record.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: c'mon KAL ... - Fitzcaraldo215 09:50:03 07/11/12 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.