Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

mildy disagree ...

although vinyl, as you're always quick to claim, can have a common or *coloured* type sound quality despite hardware ... the difference between the very best performing, well designed and highly refined & setup vinyl systems (notice i didn't simply claim cost as a measure of vinyl performance) is quite dramatic.

The difference is not just simply another tonal departure or some indirect relationship to vinyl's so called inherited "sound" quality ... but rather a departure from those traditional aspects ... and despite vinyl's inherited characteristics, the very best vinyl includes a far more natural organic type quality, more open, dynamic & transparent in nature ... very best vinyl systems contain a "master-tape" type quality that I've NEVER encountered with common-grade everyday vinyl or digital systems.

(* I much prefer the term "compromised" to "coloured" when it comes to describing vinyl systems, simply because I've heard my fair share of tonal discrepancies with digital hardware also)

tb1

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.