Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

BIS SACD - Dynamics in general

Apart from Disbeliever's obvious bias against us (here and elsewhere), there are a couple of things I would like to have the answers to from a discerning group such as the one here:

1) why is it - just because "everyone else" are compressing their recordings - that people think that the real thing (and that IS what we present) is recorded at too low a level? What is so difficult to grasp in the notion that the loudest part of the recording is at top allowed technical level on the disc, and the rest simply is - original??

2) What's the point of inventing superior sound carriers, like SACD, if the recording engineers desperately undermine their advantages by NOT using the original dynamics?

3) This kind of devious and inaccurate rumour-spreading (someone did write "no smoke without a fire") is actually harmful, not only to us, but also to the art of recording in general. I think people will have to make a choice:
- either go for manipulated recordings, made to measure for the ones without a good equipment, without good listening conditions or without the time available to really listen, or
- go for the real thing, unadorned, unadultered, unchanged, with the possible disadvantages there are (yes, you do have to have decent equipment, decent listening rooms, time and interest).

I have been in the business for almost 40 years, and I can truly claim to have been totally honest all this time, when it comes to what we present. I represent our recording to be honest and true, and, by Jove, they are. If the public don't like it, well, that will not change my mind. I owe that much to the Artists and the music they play.

Robert von Bahr, bissie, CEO, BIS Records, robert@bis.se

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.