Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: So the big question is...

Dunno. You would have to get bissie to go deeper than the party line about dynamic range. I suspect it might be a carryover from their CD recording days. But, they have a perfect right to do it as they see fit. It's really not a big deal, except, for some reason, some warped people cannot bring themselves to increase the volume and would rather complain about it instead.

In the absense if an exact standard, if every other single label in the business were using just one single average volume setting on every single recording, and BIS were the only outlier, it would be a different story. But, that is not the case. It is true in my experience, though, that BIS is typically recorded somewhat lower in level than most anyone else on SACD by maybe 4 dB or so without actually measuring it precisely. As I said elsewhere, there are other labels where I have to consistently turn them down even more than that to be comfortable. Who is right? Everyone and no one. Only your own ears and trusy volume control can tell you that.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: So the big question is... - Fitzcaraldo215 08:10:13 06/11/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.