Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Multi-channel and the FDA

I appreciate your diplomatic response to my criticisms. I have owned both of the 88 discs of those live recordings and careful listening led me to think that some of the applause withered quicker as the night wore on after one too many Omar drum onslaughts. That's strictly speculation on my part as I wasn't in attendance. That lovely bass and Hank's typical tasteful piano stylings with that rocker percussion? It confused me. I did note a few of Hank's cues to Omar to break-off the fireworks. I have utmost respect for Hank Jones and miss him as I miss Ray Brown - a couple of classier gentleman there were not to be. I don't think a younger Hank or his musician cohorts would have appreciated the Omar overstays on their sessions in studio or live. I have been in listening sessions of multi-channel playback on a few multi-channel systems and liked what I heard, but I listen at home in stereo on my modest system that some would no doubt characterize as Mid-Fi. Listening for the umpteenth time to Janos Starker and Gyorgy Sebok playing the Bach Suites and want to get back to that. Take care and all the best to.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Multi-channel and the FDA - nairb 13:14:39 04/15/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.