Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Here's why it is the only true reference...

Live music has all kinds of acoustics they sometimes work for and sometimes work against the band playing. The trick is to be able to relax and enjoy the performance without getting too wrapped up in the sound production itself.

If you have such a large library, and only have 10 good recordings - it makes me sad. My experience has been the better the gear, if selected carefully, has taken all of the recordings I have in the best possible presentation. When I moved to computer based audio ... found a double blessing that recordings that sound pretty bad in CD format sound "ok" when reproduced through it.

But ... I am a music lover first and foremost. And high quality sound reproduction only adds enjoyment to something I already find enjoyable!

(In fact, I don't think I have watched more than 1-2 hours of TV in the last month!)
====
"You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you." ~ R A Wilson

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.