Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: The dedicated stereo outputs are superior.

Kal, your recommendations are normally very sound (pun intended) but this one (using Oppo 95's dedicated stereo outs due to better Sabre chips) is NOT. As per the Oppo manual (page 17):
"The STEREO AUDIO OUT terminals automatically down-mix the multi-channel audio source into the stereo signals."

This will make a surround presentation a mess, as the same info will be present in the fronts as in some of the surrounds. I am surprised you look past this in favor of better chips. Also, if someone is using a stereo preamp with a classic HT bypass (which would take the front l/r's from a pre/pro's outs that are driven by that pre/pro's 7.1 mch analog ins) then the dedicated Oppo front stereo pair (which would NOT normally use an HT bypass, they would go to the noirmal inputs of a stereo preamp in a classic 2 channel setup of course) would need to be calibrated and volume attenuated separately from the rest of the mch mix. This is a nightmare. Or best case, in these scenarios one would not have a dedicated stereo pair to go to the stereo preamp for quality 2 channel listening cuz it's being used in HT bypass. Argh, In any case, the mch mix would be compromised. ?? Please explain.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.