Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Please tell us how much it costs.

The Sony 5400 was a great cd player before all these modifications .
Dan not only improved upon the design Dan went through this unit top to bottom and looked for all flaws and having the seperate power supply is icing on the cake,It is now better than any $10k unit I can throw at it. One thing I will mention though is there are several things you can do to make this cd player even better .I have spent well over a $1000 experimenting . Dan has a Pulse generator that is an option that really destroys low level digital noise around $450.
The Umbilical cord from the seperate power supply to the cd player is a weak point in absolute terms. And the best I have found by far is by Audio Magic Their new Liquid air power cords are the quietest I have ever came across .since they have Just a liquid conductor and No metal
which is a first, they are immune to RFI and EMI and are dead quiet.
This also apllies to the power supply power cord for around $350 each.The detail it provides is outstanding .I compared these with several $500+ power cords
this was a clear winner.I now have one on my preamp the detail these cables pull out of the recording I did not know was there is superb. One more thing Isolation under the cd player is very important The $350 Silent Running Audio platform is very good. also Hifi tunings 1A slow Black fuses do make a difference, as well as Herbies tube dampers-Buy the better ones.
These work for me, check it out .

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Please tell us how much it costs. - aaudioman@hotmail.com 01:38:07 02/01/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.