Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: There are precious few products from the 50’s that I find superior to products today

All valid points and true. The one area I must say the Living Stereo recordings got right and I thing much better than today is vocals.

Mono or Stereo they are right in your room. The Elvis is Back recording is darn right scary it is so real. That was a Bob Porter Living Stereo recordings. Elvis next few LP had the same HQ.

Sam Cooke also RCA did a great job with, but like Elvis a lot of middle of the road lam material which typical of RCA. My wish would have been Sam and Elvis at Atlantic Records.

I own lots Living Stereo Classical, and I am not in awe of them at all. More myth than fact, plus the myth gave made the value of these recordings through the roof for some who seak them out. Thank god for CD SACD versions.

I do enjoy them though, but to your point they run circles around them today if the time is taken to record them with care. That's not changed in over 60 years.
PJB

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.