Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Coloration is one form of distortion....................

Never mind system distortion, the biggest culprit is "recording/mastering distortion"
I know when walking in the room next door if a real piano is playing or if it is a recording. I also know that one can NEVER reproduce the real thing in ones music room. As I said if the recording was perfect (zero distortion) one could reproduce it pretty well, this is why we are so facy about getting good recordings, we want the best, purely because most of them sound pretty remote compared to the real thing.
The system "sound" we choose is mostly a matter of tastes, you may prefer the valve sound with 0.5% distortion, I may prefer solid state sound with 0.00001 distortion, you may prefer electrotats, I may prefer horns. They have different qualities and we decide what suits us best. Myself I'll have a brunettes before a blonde,
BTW I assume we are talking about decent systems and decent looking girls.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Coloration is one form of distortion.................... - jazz1 09:16:59 08/20/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.