Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Can you provide a reference for...................

Well recordings have come a long way like any era in recorded music, technology keeps improving, the problem is learning how to use it. The golden age of recordings was the 50's & 60's. for analog, producers really knew what they were doing by then. Compared to the 20's, 30's, or 40's. Digital was no different, problem was perception being perfect from the start. Most did not know even how to use it properly and it showed.

This really was a major shift in technology that is still being played out. CD made DVD's possible, so it's impact was huge to the market place.

But I was referring to playback from CD players. Processing had to become much better and that also had a positive impact in red-book playback, my Marantz SACD reproduction is superb, but a well recorded red-book can sound excellent also to the point where it can be a toss up with new recordings.
PJB

Edits: 03/22/10

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Can you provide a reference for................... - Dr.Phil 08:18:58 03/22/10 (1)
    • OK. - Kal Rubinson 09:02:16 03/22/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.