Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Yep - they're forkin' great! :-)

No problems with full carbon. I've got a Specialized Roubaix Pro, all Carbon except the steerer (aluminium). not flexy at all. Unless you have exceptional explosive power and can unleash a 70km sprint, ala Tom Boonen or Mark Cavendish, from the bunch then the average rider (most of us)you will have no problems with full carbon frames. More issues with wheelsets flexing though. I moved from a Steel frame to a Carbon Roubaix 6 years ago and havent looked back. Plenty of friends with titanium frames now but they really wanted something unique rather than vastly different from the usual steel. My Roubaix really eats up the 100km rides, no fatigue and quick and responsive when needed. Its got a more relaxed geometry though than the usual Specialized and I prefer a slightly wider (and less hard core) seat (gotta to have have some comfort on a long ride!) Happy riding, nice to see another audiophile who loves cycling as well.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.