Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

You should check out the thread on AVS Forum ...

When the BDP-83SE first came out, Ric made an interesting post "rubbishing" the "cheap" parts that Oppo was using - he then had to subsequently edit and tone down his post after someone forwarded his post to Oppo (and rumour has it Oppo sent him a very strong warning).

He also made a post in another forum criticizing NuForce for using cheap parts (or was that on his web site?).

Bottom line is: he hasn't won many friends or respect as a result.

NuForce on the other hand has impressed me with their knowledge and their honesty, and their refusal to criticise their competitors. There was a strong rumour that they "jointly designed" the SE audio board with Oppo, but they clarified and said their input was fairly minimal (they did some listening tests on the prototype and offered some suggestions). They obviously have some formal relationship with Oppo, as they will be taking over the SE upgrade in 2010 from Oppo.

Bottom line is: NuForce have full access to the circuit design and knows exactly what to change and what to leave alone. They have been very open in saying that most of their changes are in further stabilising the power supply (as well as bypassing the muting relays).

Ric is fully entitled to his opinion, and I am entitled to decide where to spend my money and who I trust.

Edits: 12/22/09

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.