Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: REVIEW: Vacuum State Electronics VSE modified Sony SCD-XA5400ES with Terra Firma Lite SACD Player (Modded)

No, I have not A/Bed a fully modifed Oppo versus a fully modified 5400. It would be interesting. You see I did say.....did not expect it to be much better. Maybe it is....maybe it isn't. But the Oppo is $500 and sounds outrageous modified, plays DVDAs, DADs, HDCDs, Video DVD, Blue Rays and mutltichannel via analog....none of which the Sony can do. And for the price of the Terra Firma Lite clock you get a ton of tweaks, EVSclock, super output stages, modified super low impedance regulators, etc., that make is sound amazing.

As Allen did and stated here, I will give a free mod to the first person that sends me a 5400 to have me work up a mod on. I will also have a superclock and discrete output stage...it would be fun to see which one is better. My clock, discrete output stages, transport mods, damping, etc. would be less than $1000 once the mod is set.....and yes, it could be made balanced for a few more coins.

Edits: 08/10/09 08/10/09 08/10/09

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: REVIEW: Vacuum State Electronics VSE modified Sony SCD-XA5400ES with Terra Firma Lite SACD Player (Modded) - Ric Schultz 09:42:46 08/10/09 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.