Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

TFL Clock

In my Sony 999ES, I upgraded from an LC Audio LClock X03 to a Terra Firma Lite (installed by Bill Thalmann of MTI). These are my interpretations of the changes and improvements with the new clock.

• More 3-dimensional sound to the music - an improved sound stage.
• Improvement in sound quality from bass to midrange to treble.
• More separation between instruments with improved instrument detail. You are able to hear each instrument better.
• Transparency and ease to the music
• It makes you want to sit and listen to music for hours and hours at a time – the true testament to how good it really is.

All of these comments are relevant for both Redbook and SACD. Albums which I really like the music on, but with sound quality issues, now had an improved sound to them.

Some of the recordings which I have listened to for quite awhile now had parts where I was hearing things I did not hear before: birds chirping in the background very silently, new sounds from crowd noise in live recordings, instrument playing techniques: string plucks, drum stick strikes, sax valves(?) opening/closing, and so on.

Don’t misinterpret these statements as the clock improved the recording. The clock did not “improve” the recording it was now showing more of the the recording. Top quality SACD was stunning to say the least.

If I had to do it over again, would I have the TFL installed in my player? Absolutely!!

BTW, I have no affiliation with VSE, just a happy end user.

Edits: 08/07/09

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • TFL Clock - DTB300 15:47:49 08/07/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.