Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Finally! Been waiting for somebody to mention Level 7 Level 7 SACD Player (Modded)

> the SONY is starting from a higher place, it will still sound better.

I can confirm that. I have a Sony SCD-555ES (not sold in the US) Level 7+ (Terra Firma Lite) and an Oppo DV-980H (also with Terra Firma Lite upgrade) side by side right here. The Oppo's output stage by-passes the post DAC audio, has the same type of digital noise treatment as the classic Sony players. The Terra Firma Oppo is a steal and the TF benefits are VERY obvious. Is it better than the 555ES? No, it is certainly not! But what a bargain!!!

I sold a TF Oppo to a certain importer of a SACD/CD player from the UK. This player sells for four thousand pounds and makes claims to redefine high end digital playback etc. He has asked me not to name it, but the TF Oppo is not just a bit better, the difference is in another league.

BTW, for those into NOS-DACS, the Terra Firma makes a superb transport. But the Oppo must be the master and the NOS-DAC the slave (no clock). But this is only RBCD. Mind you, it's very easy to fool visitors they are listening to hirez. ;-)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.