Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Vacuum State Electronics DVP-9000ES Level 7 SACD - modding or upgrade?

I much prefer to use "upgrade" than modding. Anybody can change a few caps, throw in an additional part or two, or swap the odd IC here or there. That's modding (more like way to sell pricey parts). Almost anybody with minimum effort can do a mod. But a real "upgrade" is a far more arduous proposition, one that can take many months and even years to develop. One is just changes to an existing design, often minimally, the other stretches the limits of what can be done. At least it does in this case. "Terra Firma" isn't a mod, it's a totally different solution that challenges the status quo. The Vacuum State module completely replaces both DACs and all subsequent IC based circuitry. That's more like upgrading your computer by replacing and adding a super-duper state-of-the-art Video Card to feed your monitor. They don't call that a mod, that's called an upgrade.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Vacuum State Electronics DVP-9000ES Level 7 SACD - modding or upgrade? - Joe Rasmussen 14:06:44 01/26/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.