Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

RE: Nobody knows why

"That's the first I've heard of that. I don't believe it to be the case.

And the "read until right" thing is just a myth. It's only required when a computer drive is ripping the disc at some ultra-high speed like 24x or whatever. Any ordinary audio CD drive will get all of the bits perfectly also."

I'm not sure if it's the Esoteric players in general then or just the APL player which uses the VRDS NEO, but below is text from a review of the APL describing the benefits of the VRDS NEO;

1. Since the reading speed is much higher, the audio data is being stored in large SDRAM memory buffers. The audio data is being clocked out of the SDRAM which effectively eliminates jitter coming from the transport.

2. If reading error occurs (imperfection on the disc), the laser assembly can be sent back to the problematic passage to re-read the data and try to correct the error. This happens while you are listening to uninterrupted music coming from the SDRAM buffers. In other words, the VRDS-NEO is capable of extremely powerful error correction, including the so called RUR (Read Until Right).”

Best Regards,
Chris redmond.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.