Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Look down the page a few posts for the answer

Look at the post down the page for the answer (linked below). I only know of three products that use the Teac transport:

1) The new dCS stack that goes for around $70,000.

2) The new Spectral that is around $25,000 or $30,000. This is something of an anomaly. I am told that Spectral is not really a business in the sense that it makes money. My understanding is that the owner is independently wealthy and the company is more of a "vanity" business. Many (if not all) of the Spectral products are priced 20% or 30% less than what most other manufacturers would charge. So if you like the way the Spectral products sound, you can get something of a bargain. The disadvantages are that they only have a handful of dealers and the wait for the equipment is usually several months. Search the forums for more on this.

3) APL Labs sells a super-modified Esoteric X-01 for (I believe) $25,000. They replace all of the analog circuitry and make modifications (or possibly replace, I'm not sure) to the power supply and digital circuitry. The Esoteric chassis is retained.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.