Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: My Czech is in the mail

(Apparently) he did indeed have those ups and downs, unlike some of his fellow countrymen who became even more famed with the same orchestra (like Talich and of course Ancerl), and that's partly why I hesitated a bit with these JPN issues. But, gratefully enough, some do indeed find glory in their later days (think only of people like Klemperer or Walter), and maybe Neumann was one of them.

So while I don't have your enviable pedigree (it's not biasing you, just making you have it in your blood), I'm very much looking forward to finally being able to hear this performance, much intrigued by what you are saying. At this point in life I really want to focus on what's worthwhile only.

Of all the others in this repertoire, I've enjoyed Abbado, whom everyone else hates (very different approach to Dvorak), and Dorati - one of those great Hungarians (for me maybe the greatest one among them, at least the most clear-headed and sensitive) referred to below.

TL

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: My Czech is in the mail - tlyyra 10:44:35 04/29/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.