Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

My Marantz SA-11S1 is back from the shop

I almost forgot how good it sounds. I sent it to a nearby authorized shop for service, and they replaced the entire laser assembly. It took just over two weeks, door to door. So far, works perfectly.

This player is really so very nice, so musical, so accurate, so authoritative. I hope this laser lasts longer than the original (a Marantz VP actually called me on the phone to assure me that it would, if that's worth anything), because I do not want to be without it again. I don't think it sounds any different than before I sent it in (other than not pausing or skipping now), but it sure sounds better than my expensively modded Sony that tried to fill in while it was away.

A side note: DHL delivered the player while I was not home, and left the big white MARANTZ box in plain sight of anyone driving or walking past, on the front corner or my front porch, with no attempt whatsoever to hide it. No other carrier has ever left a package in this manner. I have a side door that is much less visible from the street, but would be obvious to any caring delivery person. I will never ship anything via DHL. So far, FedEx always gets my business unless someone requests UPS.

Peace,
Tom E

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - My Marantz SA-11S1 is back from the shop - madisonears 16:32:54 04/21/07 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.