Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

New to SACD (long)

Thought I would introduce myself to the hi-rez community.

I've been frequenting AA for a couple of years, originally on the Planar Speaker forum. I've since prowled Amp/Pre-amp, Speaker General, Tubes, with my main residency being Vinyl. I'm registered and my system is listed, if anyone fancies to check, although the system name is no longer appropriate, since I've been in a re-building phase and most of it is less than 3 years old.

My system is 2 channel, geared for vinyl playback (my preferred listening source), so any digital source must be able to co-exist, without driving me out out of the room.

A few weeks ago I took possession of my first SACD/CD player, a Vacuum State JLTi (modded Sony NS92V multi-player). This replaced a 15 year old modded Micromega Stage 3 CD player. The transport mechanism was causing me grief, so decided it was time to retire it. I liked this player, very musical for a digital source, and the clock up-grade pushed it's performance well beyond it's class. However, the technology was getting old and I was limited to normal CD playback.

I had bought a Vacuum State pre-amp last autumn, so decided to try the JLTi. The JLTi seems to be integrating well, and I've noticed a positive difference on playback with normal CD's. I have 4 SACD's, not much of a sample to make any final judgements. There is an overall audio improvement compared to most normal CD, but so far nothing to shout about.

So, what discs do you use to show-off 2-channel SACD ??

Cheers Brian

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - New to SACD (long) - Brian_T 05:36:21 04/17/07 (12)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.