Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

I am reviewing the DV-60 right now, Karl...

...for *Positive Feedback Online.* Indeed, I am listening to the terrific Stockfish SACD, *The Spirit of Gambo,* via the DV-60 right now. (If you love cello, you really should get this SACD; the Gambo is a marvelous instrument, particularly when accompanied by harpsichord. I listen to it regularly.)

I'll be writing my comments up in PFO, but I can say that my initial take on the DV-60 is very favorable. It doesn't have the exceptional VRDS transport of the upper regions of the Teac Esoteric line, but then again, neither does it sport a price tag in that region, either. And while it is not a VRDS, the DV-60's transport engine has been very solid and has operated flawlessly during the several months that I have had it. With its available Native DSD mode (good move!) and PCM -> DSD conversion option (a la the EMM Labs line...another good move!), plus switchable PCM filtering for Red Book, the user has a good deal of flexibility available. Best of all, the sound is quite pleasant to my ears, without some of the PCM glare that DSD -> PCM SACD playback only players exhibit.

Not only that, but it will handle your DVD videos and DVD-A's, as well. Thus far, I've seen no compatibility issues; DVD-A's read up just fine.

I hope this helps you. More detailed comments and product photos will follow at PFO.

All the best,

david

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.