Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: a couple of novice questions.

I have an old Elite V47A which now sits in my almost never used basement system (it is basically used for daytime HDTV and not that often). Before that it (DV47A) was in the bedroom system. It is not much of an SACD player and while it may be better at CD than SACD, it is still not much of a CD player. There are still SACDs coming out, although the vast majority are not from mainstream labels and tend to be classical or jazz I owned the DVD/2-channel 9000ES SACD player and had it in the bedroom system before deciding to go with a universal player (DV47A) way back when. It depends on your budget and priorites (how much software you have and will buy and if you want a universal player). I now have a Sony 2000ES changer in the bedroom system and it is not bad on SACD. I'm not sure it is still made but is not that expensive. It depends on your budget. amusicdirect.com is selling off the Marantz DV7600 universal at nice savings. I have a Marantz DV9600 in the main system (had a modded Sony XA-777ES which I sold about a yr. and a half back.) The DV7600 is certainly a better DVD player than than the Sony. I have not listed to it (in my local store) on SACD, CD or DVD-A but I'd have to think it would be decent.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.