Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

i'm in the middle of adding 4.1 plus phantom center

recently some changes to the 2-channel system have really improved the digital in my system and particularly 'supercharged' SACD to pull farther away from Redbook. also; a few months back i was exposed to Ted Smith's quite excellent 5.1 multi-channel.

when i built my room i installed dedicated A/C outlets and cable conduit for rear channels, subwoofer and center channel. i had not taken advantage of that until now.

i have purchased an EMM Labs Switchman III and had the 'phantom center' option installed. i have also purchased rear speakers and amps. i am having long XLR cables constructed for the rears and sub; and am about to purchase a sub(s). it should be up and running within a couple of weeks in my 2-channel room.

the rears will be slightly further back than 110 degrees and will be smaller than the fronts; but other than that it should not be compromised. i am one who is distracted by musical content in the rear channels (with a few exceptions). i have really been enjoying SACD's of late; especially all the new classical recordings and am excited to hear them in multi-channel.

mikel

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.