Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Mods On The Marantz SA-7S1?

I agree, it is difficult to make an informed choice on mods. First, generally speaking, they are expensive. Second, it's questionable how much they will ad to resale value, should you ever decide to sell the unit. Last, how do you know which mods to do?

As I mentioned in another post, there are four different companies on Audiogon offering mods to the Marantz SA-11S1. The prices for the mods range from $1200 - $3000+. At least one of the companies is questioning the mods that some of the other companies are offering. All of the companies have their "testimonials".

Here's where I think the consideration of a mod may come into play. Say in a year or two you want to improve your CD/SACD playback or just want to hear something different. You can go out and buy the latest/greatest player (surely there will be several and they will be expensive) or for a lot less money (though not inexpensive) have your SA-7S1 modded. "You pays your money and takes your chances."

Gerry

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.