Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: question about processing

Your universal player analog outputs are meant meant to be used without further processing as stereo (or 5.1 multichannel) inputs to your preamp.

I would need to know more about your preamp, but on the assumption that it is a pure analog multichannel preamp, you could assign one multichannel input set to the output of the Lexicon for Dolby, DTS etc, and another multichannel input set to the analog outputs of the universal player to enjoy either SACD multichannel or redbook 2-channel directly from the player.

(Strictly speaking you could rely on the internal decoding of the universl player for all formats and just use the analog multichannel outputs of the universal player for all cases, but I assume you have a good reason to prefer the decoding and DSP in the Lexicon.)

I've had to make some assumptions about your equipment, so if I guessed wrong, feel free to say more about which Lexicon and which preamp you are using to get a more appropriate answer.

--dsdreamer

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: question about processing - dsdreamer 19:44:21 04/04/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.