Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Player Versus Software Issue

If a SACD recording strains, fails, skips, etc in ALL players, then I would tend to agree. But that is not my experience with every player I have. And I have played a good number of SACDs hybrids lots of times in my car and on my portable CD player also. I have also bought lots of used SACDs. The only problem I have is with one SACD player from time to time (not always), unfortunately it is my best and most expensive player. Even with the MPS/Verve Oscar Peterson recordings that do not track or tend to skip on that player, that isn't the case all of the time. I love jazz and those recordings sound darn good on that player versus my lower quality ones.

I would be willing to bet the CD layer on SACD hybrids would play on 99.99% of dedicated CDPs also. DVD players may perhaps be another story though as I remember some folks reporting some problems early on about that.

As suppose the problem could be a case of 3 layers on some of these SACD discs versus just one a CD.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.