Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Lindemann 820 Review....of sorts (long)

I'm really glad you eventually found a trouble-free player that you like! Remembering the nightmarish experience we shared with the Marantz during the early days of SACD still gives me the shudders.

I heard the 680 some years back and it sounded marvellous - fluid, rich and smooth. This made me consider getting the 820 when it was about to be released a few years back , but went with a Meitner combo because the 820 was delayed in getting to the market by some months.

My first generation CDSD was problematic in reading SACD Hybrids as CDs, so it seemed for some time that I was being revisited by the spectre of the SA-1. I wished I had waited for the Lindemann which, like the Accuphase DP85, does not seem to suffer from loading problems, probably because they use the same drive. A year later, I received a 2nd generation CDSD which has proven 100% reliable, something I have learnt not to take for granted!

Thanks for the review, which I find captures aptly the Lindemann approach. Apart form sounding musical, the Lindemann has helped repair any damage flaky players like the Marantz SA-1 might have caused to SACD's reputation as a dependable medium.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.