Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

I'll Wait On It

Yes, "Live At The Copa" is one of those recordings that just sits on the shelf at a nearby music retailer. :) That doesn't necessarily mean it isn't a good SACD for sound quality per se but perhaps more so because of one's musical interests. Lots of SACDs fall by the wayside because of that.

I do not really recall anyone including it in their "top" SACD list even for this specific genre of music. I'm curious however because I pretty much agree with his assessment of recordings. He does have one recording deemed "A" on a list he maintains entitled "Sonny Clark Trio" for which I cannot get excellent results with it on my Sony XA777ES player (a highly regarded one in its day) versus other jazz recordings I own. I rate it a low B versus what else I have. So perhaps the equipment used does come into play to some extent.

I appreciate your initial impression and it does seem you were impressed. I look forward to your conclusions about this recording in the future to see where it truly stacks up for sound quality.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.