Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Reference Audio Mods: user feedback

I had my Denon 3910 modded by Kyle at Reference Audio Mods January of last year. I posted a review last May, and added some pictures to my gallery which show some of the modded circuits.

RAM Denon 3910 Review

My feelings about my player are the same - very resolving, quiet, transparent, stages well, dynamic, smooth. Of course these descriptions apply to many and the degree can only be conveyed by experience. I've experienced no problems with my player. I don't believe Kyle is modding the 3910's anymore, or at least they are not advertised. He also applies the same mods to Marantz, Sony, Esoteric, and a number of other players.

As you will see in my review, sometimes Kyle is difficult to get a hold of in a timely fashion, but he does get back. If you take the opportunity to speak to him on the phone, he will spend all the time discussing your options. He is fanatical about cleaning up noise on the AC mains, using quality caps, diodes and resistors, Superclock digital clock replacements, silver point to point wiring, and premium Audio Consulting parts in the output stage. They are a well executed set of mods, I recommend RAM highly.

Ken

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Reference Audio Mods: user feedback - McGruder 15:31:22 03/24/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.