Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

I upgraded my Toshiba DVD-Audio player to a Yamaha DVD-S1700 Universal

Still like analog the best by a long shot, I have ever since my first Sony DVP-S9000ES was in the shop on and off for three months.

I missed the Erich Kunzel and Paavo Jarvi SACDs, and now that I have 99% of my must have LPs, Cassettes and Reel to Reels it was time to give SACD another spin. Due to my past experiences I stayed away of anything branded Sony or made by Sony and I hope Yamaha does not let me down.

I have dedicated one shelf to Digital media (SACD, DVD-Audio, DVD-Video and CD) which will hold a maximum of 208 items, so I am trying to choose wisely. Mostly so far it has been Telarc SACDs and CDs. But I also have a couple of other SACDs such as the Bernard Herrmann on Sony, the Mancini on Concord, and Man of the World: Reflections on Peter Green on Audio Fidelity. Also got the new Love DVD-Audio by the Beatles.

I am enjoying being able to and playing just about any format except 8 Track and Elcaset. Life is grand!

"Music is love"
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.