Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

"'Unlikely' and 'anytime soon' are vast understatements..." - Hope springs eternal, and I haven't given up.

In Europe the SACD format still has competitive legs, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see the availability of pricey import limited edition SACDs of 'some' classic titles eventually, but who knows. Over here, SACD has become more of an elitist niche market which was predicted during the 'great' format wars several years ago. These competitive 'circle jerks' (for want of a better term) rarely result in an outright victor, especially when the consumer is forced to choose or watch from the sidelines, but at least SACD has managed to stay on life-support.

>>> "I don't think the poster was interested in your SACD fantasies." <<<

Perhaps not, but it's a matter of how one interprets his query. In one sense, I guess my list could be seen as less than helpful, but in interpreting his question literally rather than strictly as a random request for recommendations, this would be my "MUST HAVE" list.

>>> "Besides that, do you really believe that some of these recordings would actually sound better on SACD?" <<<

Depending upon the mastering and availability of good source elements, YES.

>>> "These are all classic and some great rock recordings, but a few of them probably sound better on a GE portable or car stereo than they would through a high resolution audio system." <<<

Talk about SACD fantasies (grin)! Sorry, but I have to differ with you here. While it's true that the albums mentioned on my list are far from 'grey poupon' (audiophile targeted) quality, it's also true that most folks would probably agree that many if not all of those titles would benefit from a Hi-Rez format. No offense Tom, but this all comes down to personal tastes and preferences, does it not?

AuPh

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.