Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Exactly my point! The RBCD standard has plenty of resolution to make music sound very good. But not great

Hi Joe,

I sold my copy of Franklin Mint’s 100 Greatest Recordings of all time, too much mono and too many recordings of compositions I didn’t care for. Also this helped me clean out an entire rack for CDs, SACDs and DVD-Audios, I now have room of 208 combined of all three formats so I must choose wisely and carefully.

I have in the past not been successful recording LPs to CD-Rs or to 48kHz DAT. I might consider recording them to 96kHz as an experiment. But I now firmly believe the best results are obtained by listening to the original recording. Records when treated with Gluv-Glide should easily last until after I’m dead, so I no longer see the point. Also I believe that Analog recordings should be listened to in the Analog realm. So since I can play any format except 8 Track I see no reason to record anything except my guitar and voice.

And I know some people record LPs to CDs to listen in the car. I listen to Cassettes in my car, as I don’t like CD in the car especially on the roads in Reno. I have an excellent collection of 125 cassettes so I have got the car listening covered. My Kenwood car deck has Dolby B and 70ms (metal) EQ as well as a frequency response of 10-20kHz and sounds superb.

Thanks for the kind offer though!

"Music is love"
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Exactly my point! The RBCD standard has plenty of resolution to make music sound very good. But not great - Teresa 16:50:26 03/18/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.