Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

No offense, but I beg to differ.

I haven't purchased all of the Moody Blues SACDs, but to my ears Days of Future Past sounds better than other CD issues I've heard, and Question of Balance is the BEST version I've heard (including 70's vintage vinyl, subjectively speaking, heard over gear from that era); BTW, I'm talking about 2 channel only, since I'm not set-up for surround on SACD yet.

>>> "Notice how quickly the flurry over their initial release died down quickly? That's because they suck, so they were politely ignored." <<<

Sorry, but that's not the impression I've been given from the posted reviews of these releases I've read; my ears have borne that out.

Keep in mind that the general enthusiasm over SACD died down somewhat as the format become more of a niche market, but still less niche than the other Hi-Rez format. IMHO, few if any releases get the number or kind of raves now that they did before; I suspect that most folks are just glad to see high profile releases of popular albums PERIOD, even if predominantly imports. In any case, these Moody Blues releases seem painstakingly remastered and as good as anyone could've hoped.

AuPh

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • No offense, but I beg to differ. - Audiophilander 22:09:20 03/17/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.