Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: How much per hour do you pay in yourregion for...

Isn't that true of many professions though - people thinking others doing work are not worth what they are? I don't watch TV much at all but read a news story that in a recent interview Simon Cowell of American Idol said that he should be worth 5 times the $100M Sony/BMG paid to Springsteen. I have only seen clips of the show but if he really thinks that let him try hiring Borat or someone entertaining in his place as a judge for a year and sell out his ownership and really see a bit more clearly.

When you deal with repairs, you are already dealing with someone who is not happy the thing broke. You are merely the news bearer. I retired a bit over 5 yrs. ago and will likely go back to work soon and I am trying to avoid (if I can) those positions that deal with the general public.

When I have something that breaks I make a judgement on whether the repairs are worth it. For example, if my old 64 inch rear proj. that I now have in the basement ever goes (it is recessed into the unfinished part so it is flush), it weighs 346 lbs. and I'd likely just chop it up and use the PVC I ran in the ceiling for a projector. I had a friend bring over his 8260 he owned a couple of yrs. back and we did all kinds of comparisons in my system. I would not pay $300 to fix it if I owned one, but that's just my value based on what I have on hand and what I can buy.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.