Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Exactly my point! The RBCD standard has plenty of resolution to make music sound very good.

Different CD players do sound different. Different commercial CD recordings vary tremendously in how successful they can be be in sounding musical and appealing. My complaint is that it isn't hard to make a good-sounding CD. Why aren't there a lot more. I make them all the time. To show you how good a CD-R of a vinyl recording can be, now that you appear to have a decent CD player, I'll be happy to make a CD-R for you. I have the entire Franklin Mint 100 greatest recordings. Is there one in particular you think has superb sound and would like to see how fine a CD it can be turned into? Contact me off line if so. Of course, I will be using a differet TT and cartridge and a different example of the record, so it won't sound exactly like your record, but in some absolute sense I think you will conclude it has very fine sound extremely close to that of a vinyl recording.

Joe

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.