Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Cayin SCD50T and "the white noise problem"

Hello,

The problem was noticed on Audioasylum, I'm returning to it. May be someone has some new informations how to solve it.

As a lot of Cayin SCD-50T users, I have a problem with accidentally generating a kind of "white noise" signal instead of music. It occurs without regard to disc, without regards to time from power-on, ALWAYS after player steps to next track on CD. The problem occurs rarely and completely randomly, so it is hard to diagnose.

I thought it was some kind of overheating of digital part of the player. Cayin enginners mounted in SCD a small, very noisy fan to cool the cabinet with digital circuits, so they had similar ideas. My mods (additional heatsinks on digital chips) didn't help.

I think it isn't a problem with overheating. I disconnected the fan and frequency of white noise accidents didn't increase or decrease.

I like a sound from this player very much and I'd like to use it as long as possible. Please help, if you have any information about possible reasons.

Mariusz

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Cayin SCD50T and "the white noise problem" - MariuszJ 01:01:08 03/14/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.