Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Nice review...

First of all, thanks to Quint for the excellent review. I also have been very pleased with my RAM Denon 3910, and can identify with some degree of the benefits he is describing resulting from Kyle's mod philosophies. Modded players are an excellent way to go, and there are some excellent providers to choose from as well as an excellent entry point to high quality digital through the used market of modded components.

Yes, associated equipment is extremely important to the review. Another thing which I find extremely beneficial in a review, which is often not included, are descriptions of or comparisons between a component and other available components - whether they belong to the same class or belong in the next class level of refinement. Much more useful than a description of how "musical" a player sounds, or that it "throws a large soundstage" - something you can say about half of the players out there without any method of conveying degree.

Ken

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Nice review... - McGruder 02:24:51 03/09/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.