Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: SACD vs. Redbook

"RBCD...sounds like SACD used too"

I assume you are saying that RBCD on the APL 2.5 equals or surpasses SACD on the stock Esoteric. I agree this is certainly possible with a well-modded SACD/RBCD player. But I would guess that comparing formats on the same modded player, SACD beats RBCD hands down.

Several posters have reported that RBCD on the APL 2.5 surpasses very high quality vinyl in some respects. This has been my observation as well with my modded SCD-1. But if this is so, I would think that the further advance of SACD on the modded APL or perhaps the RAM/Esoteric will definitively better even the best vinyl. I don't know whether you or Quint have a TT to make the comparison... but I have proved the the point myself against a Lyra Helikon, Graham 1.5tc, VPI TNT w/flywheel, and BAT P10 and Atma-Sphere MP-1 phono stages.

To extend the point to MC, show me a SACD MC system that is faithful to the musical truth in manner of the best vinyl....and buy it if you can find one for less than 5x the price of a SOTA 2CH SACD or vinyl rig.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.