Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

Re: Yeah, but it still comes across as an overly expensive two-channel retro

Robert,

It would be great if you can drop by for audition!

I am sorry to say but when I go to а live jazz or rock performances, the only thing I hear behind me is the noise from the audience, not music. So I'd like to stick with the "real" experience instead of being surrounded by instruments. The miltichannel would be a bit more realistic when it comes to recreating the actual concert hall acoustics/reverberation with classical recordings, but stereo is also not bad providing this ilusion since the orchestra is still infront of you.

The fact that not many Stereo systems are capbale of providing the "magic" is actually sad and may be the reason why many have gone to, in my opinion, more artifical but impacting multichannel sound. Also, when it comes to regular digital, reproducing massive orchestral passages is much more difficult with Stereo than it is with Multichannel. This is the other reason many prefer Multichannel over Stereo thinking the sound quality is better. This is all my opinion of course! I’ve heard many Multichannel setups which sounded very impressive but have never thought giving up my Stereo system for that.

Sure, I do have a vinyl setup for you to hear. Make sure to bring some LPs.

Regards,
Alex

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Yeah, but it still comes across as an overly expensive two-channel retro - Alex Peychev 01:17:45 03/08/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.